Exploring the outer reaches of human movement.








Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best Terrain Parks

If you're planning a holiday to a ski resort this season, make sure the resort has a good terrain park.

This time each year, magazines publish their resort guides to help riders make decisions on where to go for vacation.  In recent years, most have added a section for the best terrain parks.  Instead of picking a list from one magazine or online publication, I've compiled a list of resorts from all the lists I could find.  I simply noted which resorts received recognition in the most publications.  Parks mentioned the most are listed first, but #1 isn't necessarily the one with that made the mosts lists.  The first three, for example, all were mentioned the same number of times.  I just chose to list all ties alphabetically.

Most mag's have a top ten list.  I'm not quite that good:  I only have a top nine...  And, here they are:

1.  Breckenridge, CO
2.  Mammoth Mountain, CA
3.  Whistler / Blackcomb, BC
4.  Buttermilk, CO
5.  Copper Mountain, CO
6.  Keystone, CO
7.  Northstar-at-Tahoe, CA
8.  Park City, UT
9.  Vail, CO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment